This September 2017 Apple has come up with three brand new models of iPhone- the iPhone 8 Singapore, iPhone 8 Plus and of course the iPhone X- a US$999 smartphone which is so much more than just a phone. The iPhone X Singapore has all the features of the iPhone8 along with some additional features which are sure to blow your mind. iPhone X is the first ever iPhone featuring an OLED screen with an outstanding display. It comes with other drastic changes like the elimination of the home button and replacing it with the brand new feature called Face ID.
With so many brand new iPhones in the market, you must be wondering which one is the best choice. If you are wondering which iPhone to buy this year just keep reading this article where we are going to talk about all the major differences between iPhone 8 and the iPhone X (Pronounce as iPhone Ten).
Differences between iPhone 8 and iPhone X Singapore
- Quality and screen size
One of the first differences you are going to observe between the iPhone 8 and iPhone X is the display. The iPhone X features a futuristic edge to edge screen which totally covers the front part of the handset except for the chunk on the top.
The screen of the iPhone X is much bigger and sharper than that of the iPhone 8. The iPhone x has a 5.8 inches screen with a 2436x 1125 display, while the iPhone 8 comes with a 4.7-inch screen with a display of 1334 x 750.
As already mentioned above, the iPhone X uses the OLED display which gives you much deeper blacks than the LCD screen on the iPhone 8 or 8plus. It goes without saying that the iPhone X is going to offer a much-enhanced viewing experience. The screen of the iPhone X is HDR compatible and Dolby Vision, features which are not present in the iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
- Touch ID vs. Face ID
The new edge to edge screen of the iPhoneX doesn’t have any room for the home button. Therefore the Touch ID of iPhone 8 and 8 plus has been done away with in favour of the all new Face ID. The Face ID is a ground breaking technology which allows the users to unlock their phone and authenticate any iTunes purchase simply by looking at the phone. Although the Face ID feature didn’t properly work during the on-stage demo yet it is expected to be much more user-friendly than the Touch ID of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
The iPhone8 features a single rear camera sensor and comes with a 12 MP lens with an aperture of f/1.8. It also comes with the optical image stabilization feature. The iPhone X has the most advanced iPhone camera till date. It comes with a pair of 12 MP sensors, f/2.8 aperture, and optical image stabilization. When it comes to taking cool pictures nothing can beat the iPhoneX.
The animoji or animated emoji feature which is available only on iPhone X is a special kind of emoji which can replicate the facial expressions of the users. Though it sounds fun, it can appear to be childish or utterly useless for many users.
The iPhoneX is somewhat limited in colour options. It comes in just two colours – silver and space grey while the iPhone 8 and 8 plus is also available in gold.
Although the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus are not even remotely cheap, they don’t come close to the iPhoneX in terms of cost. The iPhoneX which will be available for pre-order from the 27th of October comes with a staggering price tag of $999 for 64 GB storage and $ 1,149 for 256 GB storage.
The iPhone 8, on the other hand, costs $699 for 64 GB storage and $849 for 256 GB storage.
Above are prices in USD launched in US.
iPhone 8 and iPhoneX Prices in Singapore are more expensive than that been released.
iPhone 8, 4.7inch 64GB S$1148, 256GG S$1388
iPhone 8 Plus, 5.5inch 64GB S$1308, 256GB S$1548
iPhone X 64GB S$1648
iPhone X 256GB S$1888
Why you might want to purchase the iPhone 8?
- iPhone 8 supports wireless charging.
- It comes with the powerful A11 Bionic processor which is same as that of the iPhoneX.
- The primary camera of the iPhone 8 is same as that of the iPhoneX.
- The iPhone 8 display support the True Tone feature of Apple allowing you to adjust the appearance and colour temperature of the screen.
- It’s as user-friendly as the iPhoneX and comes with a much friendly price tag.
Why you might not want to buy the iPhone 8?
- It comes with a single rear camera so you won’t be able to avail the new Portrait Mode of Apple or the Portrait Lighting feature.
- If you want a bigger and high-res screen then the iPhone 8 is surely not the best option for you.
- The battery of the iPhone 8 isn’t too great when compared with the iPhone 8 plus or the iPhone x.
Reasons to buy the iPhoneX
- When it comes to looks and design, the iPhone x surpasses all the previous models of iPhone. The stainless steel frame, the edge to edge OLED screen and the stunning futuristic design makes it look a lot better than its older counterparts.
- Although some users are worried about the big screen of the iPhone X, it shouldn’t be uncomfortable to use with one hand. The high-res screen would work wonders for YouTube and Instagram aficionados.
- The OLED screen comes with superior display and contrast than that of iPhone 8. It is also capable of supporting HDR video.
- The Face ID feature ensures that your presence is enough to unlock your phone.
- The portrait mode and the animoji mode on the front camera are interesting features which are not available in any other models of iPhone.
- The iPhoneX features the best iPhone camera ever made.
Why you might not want to invest on the iPhoneX?
- It will be costly
- The Face ID feature doesn’t seem to work properly every time.
- The Apple Care + feature is way more expensive than that of the previous models.
Now watch this video about the new iPhoneX by Apple Singapore